Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Number 4

Well hello everyone,

This week has been great. In fact 6 out of 7 journal entries start off with "Today was great" or something similar. First off, We got to hear from Elder Bednar on Tuesday night! He said it was funny to hear what people were saying about why they think the age limit was changed when he was on the council and actually knows why it changed. Apostolic humor haha. He said the reason for the change was #1 This is the Lord's work and He is directing it. #2 The Lord is hastening His work and needs an increase of laborers in the field. Elder Bednar then proceeded to give his talk. He really is an amazing speaker. Basically to summarize, (and this applies to all those who read this) Go back and re read the conference talks. Look for Doctrines that are being taught, Look for the Invitations being extended, and Look for the Promised Blessings from the Apostles and Prophets. When an Apostle or Prophet makes a promise or a blessing, it's not a matter of "if" it will happen, but "when" it will happen.

I sent some handwritten letters out to everyone but Flagstaff family. I promise I will write one later when I finish the family name endowments. I only have 4 left. Also can someone figure out how much postage I need to put on a letter to Lithuania? I'm trying to reply to Elder Maliwauki but I'm not sure how much to put on there haha. P.S. If you can please write before Monday. Monday is when I write. You all can email on any other day. Like Sunday or Even Saturday.

There is miracles in EXACT Obedience. You wouldn't think that 5 minutes could make a difference in your day when it's super early in the morning. The Lord has set His guidelines though. When He says 6:30 He means 6:30 not 6:35. So this week I'm getting up 5 minutes earlier. I can already notice and recognize His hand in my day. On Mondays Tuesdays and Wednesdays it's easy because We get up and go to the temple, have 6:05 gym time, or 6:15 service. Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays are a little more rough. Thursdays and Saturdays are especially rough. I also must say thanks to those who wrote me throughout the week. It's such a blessing to read a letter from home at the end of a long day. We don't get to read our letters til 9:20 because of a Branch rule. So send some extra letters on Thursday and Saturday or some extra prayers up for me :)

Gym time is awesome. We had a Filipino vs European Soccer match the other night. We kinda got pasted 4-1 but it was a lot of fun! We also did a Cebuano vs Hiligaynon volleyball match. Philippines East vs West. We won 3 games to 2. I also am lifting when I can. There's machines above the gym with a track around so I can lift and run and it's great. I gained 10 lbs. in the first 2 weeks so I've been really watching what I've been eating now and getting a really good work out in every day. I'm back to 170 now. I think 1 pound of it is muscle. (I hope)

Back to the obedience principle. When you do all the things the Lord asks of you, He is bound to bless you. Yesterday was one of the best days I've had at the MTC. I felt the Spirit almost every second of the day and really understood what the gift of the Holy Ghost can be. It was so peaceful and uplifting all day long. After you realize your blessings, count them! It's easier to find happiness when you recognize the Lord's hand in everything in your life. Seriously take a half hour every now and then to reflect on your life and count your blessings. Write them down. Then think of all the people who would love to have those blessings. Then go serve those people. Thats my recipe for happiness.

As always I love you all! Can you believe I'm done with my first month of my mission this Friday? I still feel new here even though I'm technically one of the old ones now.

I'll leave you all with my Cebuano testimony.

Nasayud ko nga tinuod ang ebanghelyo ni Jesukristo. Nasayud ko nga Manluluwas ug Manunubos si Jesukristo. Naa ta'y Dios sa langit mao ang atong mahigugmaon Langitnong Amahan. Nasayud ko nga propeta si Joseph Smith ug gihapon nga buhing propeta si Thomas S Monson. Nasayud ko nga tinuod ang Basahon ni Mormon. Sa ngalan ni Jesukristo amen.

Until next week,

Elder McGuire

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be sent to Elder McGuire the following Sunday. :)