Monday, October 1, 2012

Mga pagsulat nga Duha

its pronounced (man-ga pog-Sue-lot nah Do ha)

  It also means letter two

  What a week its been! Lots of good lots of bad and lots of humbling.

  I'll just pick up where I left off last time. On Tuesday I kind of had a rough day. I was starting to get a cold. We slept through our 6:05 AM gym time. and study for that day was not as good as it could have been. At the devotional we heard from Elder Stephen Golden from the 70. His words gave me a new motivation for the week. quoting sister Nelson, "Obedience brings blessings. Exact obedience needs miracles." If i was going to get over this sickness I would need a miracle and exact obedience.

  On wednesday I upped my game. Elder Shields and I set goals to become better at planning and studying. It was a good rebuilding day.

  Thursday was a real heart breaker. We taught our investigator for the 5th time. We extended an invitation for baptism. Cixto said he wanted to, but he wanted to know the difference between our church and others. In my broken Cebuano I tried to explain that our church was the only one with the Priesthood Authority. He said he wanted us to prepare a list of differences for next time. When we got back to the classroom we were told later that night that we wouldnt be teaching him again. there was a video journal of him that we watched...turns out he totally speaks english btw... i was really bummed and couldnt focus at all for the rest of the night. I talked with Elder Sorenson my zone leader and I felt much better. I also got a blessing from Elder Shields, Elder Kingsbury and Elder Reimann. What a blessing it is to have Melchizadek priesthood holders on sight and willing to give a blessing.

  Friday was a much better day. When I walked into the classroom, there was Cixto with a suit on and a tag that said Brother Young. I was nearly floored and just gave him a big hug. Turns out Brother Young is going to be our teacher as well as Sister Blonquist. He is such an amazing teacher and really brings out the best in me. He lives so close to the Spirit and you can tell he loves the Gospel. His only flaw is that he goes off on tangents sometimes but for the most part they have a purpose or are cool stories.

  Sunday was amazing! I feel like they should call it Testimony Sunday instead of Fast Sunday. My testimony was strengthened over and over again throughout the day. Every fast sunday is Mission Conference where we get to hear from the MTC Presidency. Such great messages about obedience and diligence. My favorite quote came later that night from Brother Swensen the Director of missionary services. "There isn't a language in the world that is so difficult that a 4 year-old cant speak it" Even though they grew up with it, it is so true. 80% of my prayers are now in Cebuano.

  At Sacrament Meeting we bore our testimonies in English because our branch is Portuguese and Cebuano. I told a few stories about dads mission to Lisbon because thats where a lot of these missionaries are going. I also bore my testimony that I know God is our loving Heavenly Father. Such an amazing day!

  Today we went to the temple again and I got 6 of those family names done. It's such a different feeling when you go through the temple for an ancestor!

  I love getting letters from all of you! Please keep writing and tell everyone else to write too :)

  That's so exciting to hear Dad! It sounds like the perfect calling for you! Thanks for the story about the Philippines too!

  We don't really have any culture classes... mostly I just pick up tidbits from my teachers and the older districts. They leave a week from today!

  I love the pictures of Gray and Nash! They are getting HUGE!!!!!!!

  I love you all!

  The church is true. these words are simple but they are so indescribably profound. Joseph Smith saw what he saw. Either this is true or it is not. there is no inbetween. and I know it to be true with every bone in my body.

  Elder McGuire

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be sent to Elder McGuire the following Sunday. :)