Monday, October 22, 2012

Number 5 and Still Alive

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttt's MONDAY!!!

We're off to a great start to a new week! We went to the Temple at 5:40 this morning! It was nuts! but now we have so much time today!

Last week was great! lots of humbling and learning experiences. Isn't great to be humbled. Then we can be taught and learn how to be better. I've been trying really hard to become a better planner. Writing down everything and having every minute planned is definitely not what I'm used to haha. It sure does make life easier though. We're starting to teach 4 investigators this week. Can't really afford to not be organized and not planned out.

Elder Shayne Bowen came and gave the devotional. It was awesome! It seems like everyone who talks in the MTC hits on Exact Obedience at least once during their talk. It's so important though. This is also the week where everyone I know is leaving for the field. My zone leaders are leaving. All my BYU friends are leaving. It's nuts to think that now I've hit the month mark that I'm one of the older ones here.

My Cebuano is coming along great. I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting yesterday in Cebuano. My district could understand me but none of the Portugal and Brazil missionaries could. Except for Sister Llano and Camillo who are both from the Philippines headed to Cape Verde.

I'm super stoked to get to the Philippines. We have a new Cebuano district coming in on Halloween! It'll be great to sort of talk to someone else in Cebuano again. Trying to talk to the Hiligaynons and Tagalogs is very difficult because the words are slightly different. They also updated LDS Maps with all the new meetinghouses in the Tacloban mission. I can't wait to get to a Waray or Tagalog area where I have to start learning a language all over again! No sarcasm at all. I loved this quote this week. "If you can, run to your appointments. If you can't run, walk. If you can't walk, crawl. If your hands and knees are bloody from crawling and you can go no further, then lie on your back and shout to the world that the Gospel is true."

I'll probably send a handwritten letter home today so look for it soon. Big shout out to Mom for the package and homemade rolls and jam. It was infinitely more delicious than the cafeteria food. I love you so much!!!!

My time is just about up so until next time I love you all and I deeply appreciate your love, prayers, and support.

Ayo-ayo

Elder McGuire

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be sent to Elder McGuire the following Sunday. :)