Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Number 3

Kumusta ninyo!?

How is everyone! What an amazing week it has been! I finally got some photos for you all :) Also EVERYONE needs to go rewatch conference!!! Seriously so good. We have been blessed to live in a time where we can hear Prophets of the Lord with a click of a button. Go Do It NOW!!!

 It's nice to have P-day on Mondays. Its kind of like a fake weekend with Sunday. Conference was so good! President Brown let us write a letter home Saturday night so look for it in the mail all you Flagstaff folk :) Mostly its addressed to Rick and Malcolm because of the recent age change in missionary qualifications. There's also a paragraph with some things I need. If anything in the letter sounds selfish please disregard it or cross it out or something. On Sunday after I sent the letter I was spiritually humbled and called out just a little bit after I sent it. One thing that I do need for sure is my line of authority printed out and mailed to me.

  Just for you Lindsay... Everyone who reads this should go read Chapters 9 and 10 of PMG. There is no line that separates Temple Work from Family History Work. Also go re watch Elder Scotts Talk. "There is no greater protection from the influence of the adversary than doing family history work." He is so right! Doing Temple sessions for my ancestors is completely different than other temple names. Family, Do what Lindsay asks you to regarding family history work.

  This week has been great! It's hard to believe I'm a third of the way done with my MTC stay! We are teaching 2 "investigators" Mildred and Tintin. My Cebuano is continuing to improve. SYL is tough as nails. We got to go to the TRC this week for the first time. It was a really cool experience to teach RMs and answer their questions about the gospel. When all is said and done though, testifying is the surest way to bring the Spirit which is a far better teacher than any missionary ever could be. As a common theme of Conference I noticed that many speakers mentioned A mighty change of heart and that Seeing things with your heart is far more important than seeing with your eyes.

  Chad Lewis came and did the fireside last night! I'm so stoked and pumped up for my mission now! It was so cool to hear all of his stories.

  What I learned about our Savior this week is that when the natural man in us would turn in to fulfill selfish desires, the character of Christ turns out in service to others. Elder Maxwell said that the Atonement would not have been possible without the character of Christ. You will find in the scriptures that Christ always turns to serve others. That's my goal this week to serve others before my own needs are met. I would challenge you all to put the Boy Scout Slogan to work and Do a Good Turn Daily.

  You are all in my prayers

  I love you all Naghigugma ko ninyo

  Elder McGuire

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be sent to Elder McGuire the following Sunday. :)