Sunday, February 10, 2013

Still alive and feeling great!

This week has been a crazy one.

Tuesday was alright. We went to Palompon in the morning for district meeting. We really do have an awesome district. We discussed the Book of Mormon and how we should be using it. It really is the word of God. I know it to be true. That is the way people are converted. When they read and understand the doctrine and apply it to their lives. In the afternoon, we went to Silad. I really need to obtain more patience. We keep teaching families that say they will come to church and then they never do. It really frustrates me but then I see one or two of the families that we did teach come to church and it's all worth it. 

On Wednesday we went back to Palompon and had exchanges. It was a great experience. I went with Elder Arganda my district leader. We taught some solid lessons to a semi active family and an investigator. I also got to have the experience of eating botbot and the sabao of lubi as well as the lubi. There are several words for coconut in Cebuano. It was delicious and I'm really gonna miss the fruits here.

Thursday was really good. In the morning we did weekly planning and in the afternoon we visited Bro. Brigoli, the returning high priest. He has some amazing stories about his life and when the missionaries first came to Villaba back in the 90s. He reminds me so much of my grandpas it was great! He is on track to return and be sealed with his wife this year in the temple.

Friday we woke up at 3:45 to catch the bus to Tacloban. There was a training meeting for all trainers and training. It was really good. They split us up and gave us training on how to make study more effective and how to set better goals and be more focused on achieving them. Unfortunately there are no return rides to Villaba until the next day. So we got back on Saturday around 2. No mom the package isn't here yet but transfer day is on Friday so I might be headed back, if not my new companion can probably bring it to me.

Saturday night was alright. We taught Angelo Arique. our closest investigator to baptism. The problem is he hasn't learned to read yet so we are teaching him how. He has really improved this past month and I'm hoping that he can get past his baptismal interview tomorrow. After that we went and taught the Sabarez family. We started teaching about faith. Somewhere in the middle of the lesson someone got offended and turned on the TV. We were able to apologize and close with a prayer. Hopefully it wasn't something we said that offended them. Praying hard for them.

Sunday was good. We are still averaging 70 people. I just wish we could get one more family to come. We got some referrals from the ward and President Jose is going to come with us to teach them this week. Hopes are high. Last night we also talked to a professional. He knows English. We gave him a English copy of the BoM a few weeks ago. He has some questions and wants to learn more. I am really hoping he accepts our message and continues to read.

Overall I'm doing great. I feel heavier and need to do more cardio and eat healthier. All in all though I'm doing fine. 

It sounds like you all are having a great time over there. :) It's great to hear that you're all having lots of experiences in life that will help you grow!

I love you all. Thank you for all the love and prayers and support and letters. I could not do this without you all. Salamat kaayo!

akong gihigugma ang pamilya nako!

Elder McGuire
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be sent to Elder McGuire the following Sunday. :)