Sunday, February 17, 2013

5 months ba?!

Wow time just doesn't even feel normal anymore. It felt like this was a super long week but at the same time I can't believe it's been 5 months. I feel like I am in a time warp or some strange dream that feels real most of the time until I look at a calendar or clock. Overall though, things are looking great!
Tuesday was great! We went to Ormoc for our zone meeting and received some great training on asking inspired questions. It has been really helpful in asking investigators what they really understand about what we have said, but it's also great for me to ask myself and see how much I understand the doctrine. It's crazy, you'd think after growing up in the church for 19 years I would know quite a bit about the Gospel. Every day I learn something new though. Tuesday night was awesome! We got to teach a new investigator in English! He is super smart. He is the manager of the bank and super interested in the Book of Mormon. I hope he keeps on reading and has more questions. We teach him again tomorrow!. 

We also have a baptism this Saturday for a 10 year old that we've taught. I finally get to baptize someone in the ocean!!! Other exciting news is that I bought a sundang (it's basically a machete.) And yes mom the purchase was completely justified because I need it for service projects. They don't have lawn mowers here.

Wednesday was pretty good. We taught some more investigators that are somewhat progressing. I am still trying to understand why it's so hard to scrape up 10 pesos to come to church. In the evening we went contacting with the Branch President and we are gonna start teaching some new families. We also got the announcement that there is no transfer for either of us so Elder Cottle and I get at least 4 more weeks in Villaba. 

Thursday and Friday were kind of rough.  We taught the Balombao family both days. Once with a member and one without. Nanay said she was content to stay Catholic and didn't want to change. It's so hard because Tatay really wants to be baptized but not without his wife. We had to drop them because we can't waste anymore time there trying to invite her to change when she doesn't want to.

Saturday night was great! We taught a new family with President Jose. The Gorillo family is actually related to him somehow. They call each other cousin so I'm assuming they are haha. The lesson went really well. President Jose is an amazing Branch President. He's been a member for almost 6 years. It is so amazing to hear the change in his life from the time he investigated until now. Living the Gospel brings so much joy and happiness to people. He is an amazing example of that. I've really learned from him that I need to find people that are willing to live the Gospel and professionals. They will build up the church after we leave. I've made that my new goal to baptize a family. Funny enough I read in Preach My Gospel the other day that that is exactly what I should be trying to do. Love how that works out.

All in all I'm doing great. The power of the Atonement is real. The blessings from living the Gospel are real. This church is true. 

Keep praying no matter what. Ether 12:12 The miracles come after we show our faith!

Love you all, 

Elder McGuire

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be sent to Elder McGuire the following Sunday. :)