Sunday, October 26, 2014

Romans 8:28


John Thomas McGuire




Well I’m writing from an internet café up here in Catarman, Northern Samar! Yep I got transferred for my last 6 weeks here in the mission. I was really kinda bummed about it at first. Transfer week was kinda hard for me putting in all the work and then giving the reins up to two new APs. President Maurer gave me a nice shout out/eulogy at transfer meeting I’m rather interested to see how well they can cope without being trained how to do it. All you do is follow the Spirit anyways. The good thing though is that I was kinda left alone for 6 hours to pack because another elder was sick. Lots of time to just ponder and pray and think about things. Finally by the end of it all I felt good about the transfer. When it comes down to it, I like every other natural man have problems with CHANGE... But it was nice to have a spiritual confirmation that this is the right thing for me. So we're gonna just kill it up here and empty the gas tank for the next 5 weeks.

So now I'm with Elder Harvey. He's from Brisbane Australia. Half Maori half Samoan. We both go home at the end of this transfer. It's been pretty awesome for the first few days. We get along pretty well. We both know that we're pretty excited to go home, but we're going to work hard to the finish.

We have one investigator who is slightly progressing, Carlo Albina. He's been taught by the sisters before but we're going to take over because his wife is content to be a Buddhist... yeah first one I've met here surprisingly. Hopefully he will get baptized on the 22nd but it's going to take a little bit of work. He came to church yesterday but wasn't at his house last night for our scheduled appointment with him. He has lots of questions about the word of wisdom but it's more like he has questions like why is this not allowed why can't you do this or drink this or do that... Anyways he's a pretty cool guy. about 22 years old or so. His wife is a teacher.


So yeah I don't get to go to the General Authority meeting tomorrow. It's not Elder Oaks though. It's Bishop Causse. Not too bummed at this point. Elder Ardern is going to do an MLC with us in November so I'm looking forward to that.

Other cool news is that one of the members here is a personal trainer. We went to the gym this morning. He's gonna have me whipped into shape by the time I come home. The plan is to lose the office gut and up the bench and squat. Yeah I'm gonna come home gwapo hopefully.

That's kind of all from my end of the wire. Just going to hit the ground running. In all honesty I am super excited to be a zone leader here. I get to go on exchanges, learn and speak crazy deep languages, work with awesome people. I'm in a good place. Humble pie is hard to choke down sometimes but it sure does digest well.

The church is true! Follow the Spirit. Things will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be sent to Elder McGuire the following Sunday. :)