Thursday, October 9, 2014

oh and the coolest news I've heard ever!



John Thomas McGuire





By the way! Elder Hughes is assigned in Villaba right now(my first area) he texts me now and again giving me updates but here's the coolest thing ever. Attendance there is averaging over 100! The Stake President has been out there and dedicated the lot. They're going to put a chapel there!!!!! Even cooler is that they're going to make it a huge District Center! They're going to split the Stake! Several families there went to the Cebu temple earlier this year and were sealed!!!!! The new branch president there is my former companion Jomar Taperla. He moved back after he went home. He married in the temple and the work has just taken off out there! I couldn't be more happy for him because back in his hometown, he was very far from the chapel and he was the only member in his family. But now he has a temple marriage and a calling in the church. Man I love that place so much! I'm excited to go back in 2 weeks when we pass through for zone interviews.

Love you all!!!! :) Keep on praying! Miracles Never Cease!

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work JT. Sounds like things are going well for you. So glad Ethan has examples like you, Rick and Cole to look up to.
    James McGuire

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be sent to Elder McGuire the following Sunday. :)