Sunday, March 30, 2014

TRANSFER WEEK!!!

Jokes! I'm still in Calbayog. The mission is finally back on transfer schedules now though. We have 9 out of 10 original zones open. There are even missionaries in Tacloban! One thing that's really cool is that Sister Henshaw transferred here to Calbayog. She was one of the 10 sisters on the roof. It's been really great to catch up with her on everything that's happened.

This week has been pretty good. We didn't get a whole lot of work in this week because of transfers and sickness and getting punted a lot.

Despite all that I had a really cool spiritual experience. Our investigator Cian, asked us last week how we received a testimony that the Book of Mormon is true. I shared with him that when I was 14 I read 3 Nephi 11 and prayed just to know if that specific chapter was true. I told him that my answer came in the form of goosebumps and this overwhelming feeling in my chest that Jesus Christ really did appear to the people in the ancient Americas. On Saturday he texted us saying that he had been reading the Book of Mormon for a few hours and that he was feeling so good and wanted to share something with us when we saw him next. So on Sunday after church we asked him what he wanted to tell us. He said he read from 3 Nephi 11 and did what I did. He got goosebumps and he felt the Spirit testify to him that it's true. He said that he feels it so much and knows it is true. I am super excited for him. He is going through a real conversion process. Last week he was with 2 of his member classmates who were answering questions of another nonmember friend. Even though Cian hasn't been baptized yet he shared his testimony about the Book of Mormon and how he feels peace when he reads and that his mind is clearer after reading. He is going to be a great missionary someday.

My personal study has been awesome! I've been reading King Benjamin's address. It's so good. Every time I read it I pull out something new. I've been trying to memorize more and more scriptures because I'm going to try and do certification level 3. I have about 6 right now and I need 20. I'm making them long sections of scripture that will actually help me with teaching and knowing the doctrine better. This week I'm gonna work on the oath and covenant of the priesthood.

Not a whole lot to report this week. Just praying that investigators will recognize the Spirit and answers to their prayers. My goal for this transfer is to identify to our investigators what the Spirit feels like. We have lots of potential in our area and just need to execute.

Love you all! Have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be sent to Elder McGuire the following Sunday. :)