Sunday, May 11, 2014

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

John Thomas McGuire




you were all waiting for the skype call and no one wrote me... That's ok though.

This past week has been so incredibly awesome. So after Elder Quinco and Elder James left, Elder Carlson and I were companions for a few days. We went to an FHE at a member's house whose husband lives in French Canada. It was really cool. He attended via Skype. On Tuesday, Elder Carlson gave the training for district meeting. He did a great job and trained on diligence. We worked in the afternoon in Calbayog. This is when I found out that the Nabong Family is not married. We're gonna go ahead and baptize the kids on the 31st but Brother and Sister Nabong need to get a CENOMAR first. Later that night we gave a blessing to the mother of one of the sister's investigators. She had heard that another person got a blessing from Elder James a few weeks ago and was healed. So I gave her a blessing. The sisters say she wants to get baptized now so hopefully she starts progressing.

Wednesday I prepared for transfer day by making sure the missionaries transferring out got on the vans and got out of there. Afterwards we had lunch at Mang Inasal. Then I was feeling sicker than a dog so we went home. I had a really bad migraine and the Past Tense made it worse and made me nauseous. So I texted Sister Andaya who told me to take Ibuprofen. Feeling much better now. Thursday morning we picked up Elder Agavale at the van terminal. He's my new DL and Elder Carlson's companion. Then Sis. Henshaw and I traveled together to Catbalogan to wait for our new companions. For whatever awkward reasons this is like the 3rd time in our missions that we've been "companions." We've even taught a lesson together to another van driver a few weeks ago. It was nice to be able to talk to a friend though. We got to the Catbalogan chapel and the other missionaries were there cleaning it so we waited with them until our companions showed up. 

I am now companions with Elder Parsons! He's the best! He's from Pleasant View, UT. We were both in the office when the storm hit. He was reassigned to QC North so he speaks mostly only Tagalog. I'm teaching him waray and he's teaching me tagalog. Also, we are finding like crazy! He opens his mouth to everyone! The field is so white. Our goal is to find and teach and baptize a professional this transfer. Elder Parsons inspires me to be more diligent and to be better. Our goal is to be exactly obedient this transfer. We have seen so many miracles in finding in just the 3 days we've been together. I'm super excited for the next 6+ weeks!

We just got the calendar for the rest of President Andaya's time here in Tacloban Mission. We're going to have 1 last Mission Conference and a Mission CSP. We have Zone Interviews in June which will probably be the last time I see him. I'm going to have him give me a temple recommend interview. Can you believe that my 1st recommend is about to expire this year.

Cristel is progressing slightly. I think she has a testimony but she needs to get her parents permission to get baptized. She's 12. She's living with her older sister Joy who is a recent convert. I'm hoping she can get baptized on the 24th or 31st. 

Cian is doing awesome! He baptized Kyla, the STLs investigator on Saturday. Then he Went with another member of the Elder's Quorum to participate in the reactivation activity. Then he blessed the sacrament on Sunday. Then he came with me on member splits in the afternoon and shared 3 Nephi 18:25 with a less active sister. He is going to be such an awesome missionary. I got him a triple and a PMG today. He is always so happy and has so much desire to share the Gospel.

We are going to be so busy this week. I am praying that my capacity may be increased so that I can be a more effective instrument in the hands of the Lord. Isn't it great when you think you're going as hard as you can that the Lord steps in and decides to stretch you further. I think the Mountain that I'm going to climb is going to be trying to keep up with the work that is being hastened here.  There is so much work to do.

Prayer and Fasting are real. This is the Lord's work. He is hastening it, are you? Share the Gospel this week. You'll be glad you did :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be sent to Elder McGuire the following Sunday. :)