Monday, November 12, 2012

Week 8

Hello again family and friends!

Another monday and another letter :)

This week has been great! To start things off, our district hosted on wednesday. It was so cool to relive the first day experience again! One car that stopped at my spot had twins! One was headed to Detroit and the other to Tempe. It made me think a lot about Gray and Nash. It's gonna be them in like 17 and a half years haha. Thursday was great. Elder Shields and I have been teaching this investigator, Mildred. She's a single mom who works on Sundays only to support her 2 young children. We finally committed her to going to church. Its amazing how real role plays can be and how strong the Spirit can be in some lessons. Its gonna be even crazier to get to the field in a week and do it all for real.

We also got our flight plans on Thursday. We leave the MTC at 4:30 on the 19th. Our flight leaves SLC for LAX at 8:05. We leave from Los Angeles for HONG KONG!!!! at 12;05 in the morning! When we get there we have like 2 hours until we board another plane for Manila. From there President Andaya will pick us up and we'll go to a different airport and fly to Tacloban. P.s have any of you seen the Tacloban airport on google maps? GO check it out! It's pretty gnarly. I get to call from the Salt lake airport so Mom Dad Rick and Alyssa make sure you're all home for family night and keep your phones on so I don't have to call all of your phones to get through :)

In other news, I finished Jesus the Christ. Such an AMAZING book. I know what you mean Dad. That basically could be scripture. I have learned so much about my Savior's life. He truly lived a perfect, sinless life. Always forgiving. Always helping. Always going that extra mile to make sure he did exactly what the Father wanted him to do. My testimony has been strengthened so much. I can say that I know that my Redeemer lives! He lives who once was dead. He lives and while He lives I'll sing. He lives my Prophet, Priest and King. I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. He suffered the Atonement to take away all my sins. He suffered so he could comfort us to each of our individual needs. He lives and because He lives, we will live again as well.

My Cebuano is maayo. I feel confident enough to say what I want to express. Now I think I'll get to start learning some Waray-waray. I know about 15 words so far. I can't really string a sentence together though. I'm not sure what language I'll be speaking in my first area but I am completely confident that the Lord will bless me and support me. I want to let you all know how real the gift of tongues is. Everything I know in another language is because the Lord has been gracious to me. Gihigugma nako Kaniya.

The most important thing I learned this week is diligence. Every second on my mission is not my own so I cannot afford to waste time. It is the Lord's time.

Also can someone forward me letters from Elder Frost and Elder Frost. I'd love to still hear their stories from their missions.

Life is great and I'm feeling awesome. I can feel all of your prayers. Pray hard this week for me. I'm always praying hard for you all. Remember that the Lord hears and answers every sincere prayer. Kada pag-ampo gikan sa mga kinasingkasing nga kasingkasing.

I love you all!

Elder McGuire

P.s. My favorite scripture this week is 3rd Nephi 5:13. Really hit me hard with the Spirit when I was reading it.







No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be sent to Elder McGuire the following Sunday. :)